Summer Project

I will start my blog with this publication about the Summer Project given me from Uni, on which I am currently working on. 




The project has three parts:

1. Evaluating my experience in Uni, and reviewing all the projects, events, visits and workshops I had through the academic year.

 - I need to review the Kitchen Project(Bulthaup) I had the first semester and the Show Home Project(Linden Homes) in second semester. Also the Food Styling assignment - Colour Bytes, and the styling for a Michellin Restaurant choosen by me. Last but not least, reviewing my History moodboards based on all the History Periods I have learned so far.
 - I am going to write about the Guest Speaker Day we had in Uni this year, and especially for Spina Design who took the time to come and present their work.
 - I will include the visits I've made through the academic year: V&A Museum and Chelsea Design Centre in London, Russel Cotes Museum in Bournemouth, the Show rooms in Winchester and Linden Show homes in Fair Oak(Eastleigh, Hampshire)
 - In addition I will add examples and impressions from different workshops, such as: Screen Printing, Laser Cutting, Cushion Workshop, Sewing Machine Induction


2. Keeping a Summer Journal on a theme "Heritage". Next academic year, one of the projects will be collaboration with Blendworth on creating wallpaper and textile design inspired by British Heritage.

 - I need to keep a visual design journal with sketches, research notes, and photos that are specifically  focused on Heritage
 - Research the company Blendworth, their website, their target  market
 - I will have to visit at least two hotel foyers to review, in addition to look at an example of a Boutique Hotel and more Traditional Hotel, and compare their design, decor, arrangement.
 - I will create a mindmap of all the things that remind me of heritage
 - For presenting my research based on the theme Heritage, I have to create PP presentation with 10 slides.


3. Creating and building a professional profile in the social media 

 - I need to consider possible personal career path
 - Read range of blogs from all type of designers
 - Register with different websites: Trovit, Dezeen, Pinterest, LinkedIn
 - Look for work placements and part-time summer jobs

0 коментара:

Публикуване на коментар